As the governing unit for the Innovation, Partnerships, IT Evolution, and Workforce of the Future strategic goals described in the OneIT Strategic Plan, the IT Evolution and Development Council serves as the voice and representative for IT decisions and priorities that impact the campus through initiatives and activities related to these four areas of the strategic plan.
This group is charged by the chief information officer (CIO) to:
- Assist in setting the strategic agenda for IT decisions related to innovation, partnerships, workforce development and IT evolution
- Cultivate collaboration efforts across campus to advance progress towards the strategic goals
- Ensure that appropriate stakeholders have opportunity for input and reaction
- Create and charge subcommittees or task forces as necessary for deeper exploration or engagement
- Advocate for necessary IT resource allocations
- Ensure that outcomes and decisions are communicated back to the campus
- Monitor outcomes for sustainability and ongoing improvements
- Share responsibility toward continuity efforts on goals
Responsibilities as part of IT governance
- Develop, prioritize and track progress against roadmaps detailing initiatives to advance progress towards Innovation, Partnership, Workforce of the Future and IT Evolution strategic goals
- Raise and collect issues related to these strategic goals
- Analyze issues and make recommendations
- Engage other IT governance groups, university governance groups and general campus stakeholders as appropriate
The IT Evolution and Development Council meetings and activities will be led by a chair and facilitator. Membership will include representatives from IT units across campus, including collegiate, administrative and central units. In general, members will serve two-year terms and new members will be nominated by existing members.
The chair will provide leadership by setting the agendas and prioritizing discussions. The functional work of the group will be managed by the facilitator – setting up and sending out meetings and announcements, organizing and scheduling meetings, and communicating actions and outcomes to the members.
Subcommittees or ad hoc task forces may be created and charged by the IT Evolution and Development Council membership to study and advise on specific questions or recommendations.
The council chair and facilitator will hold membership on the OneIT Strategy Team where they will communicate and champion priorities set by the IT evolution and development council.
More information on governance, including the interaction between the domains and with the Project Management Office, is available on the OneIT governance overview page or in the OneIT Governance Frequently Asked Questions.
- Jenifer Steil (facilitator), ITS Extended Technical Support
- Danny Tang (chair), College of Engineering
- Lance Bolton, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Chris Clark, ITS Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Frank Delin, State Hygienic Lab
- José Jimenez, Research Information Systems
- Nick May, College of Public Health
- Rachel Napoli, Office of the CIO
- Steve Fleagle, CIO
- Dave Ambrisco, ITS senior human resources director