The Academic Technology Advisory Council (ATAC) serves as the voice and representative for IT decisions and priorities that impact the teaching mission of the university.
Academic Technology Advisory Council Charge
This group is charged by the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education to:
- Assist in setting the strategic agenda for teaching and learning IT decisions
- Ensure that outcomes and decisions are communicated back to the campus
- Lead IT teaching and learning collaboration efforts across campus
- Advocate for necessary teaching and learning IT resource allocations
- Ensure that appropriate stakeholders have opportunity for input and reaction
- Create and charge subcommittees or task forces as necessary for deeper exploration or engagement
- Carry out council responsibilities as part of IT governance:
- Raise and collect council-specific issues
- Analyze issues and make recommendations
- Engage other IT Governance groups, university governance groups, and general campus stakeholders as appropriate
Academic Technology Advisory Council Members
The ATAC meetings and activities will be led by a faculty chair and facilitated by the Senior IT Director of the Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology (OTLT). Membership will include representatives from every college on campus and can be expanded to include other critical units as needed. In general, members will serve three-year terms and new members will be nominated through discussions with local deans and associate deans. Associate deans of IT will be encouraged to participate as well.
The faculty chair will provide leadership by setting the agendas and prioritizing discussions. The functional work of the group will be managed by the facilitator – setting up and sending out meetings and announcements, organizing and scheduling meetings, and communicating actions and outcomes to the members.
Subcommittees or ad hoc task forces may be created and charged by the ATAC membership to study and advise on specific questions or recommendations.
The ATAC chair and facilitator will hold membership on the OneIT Strategy Team, where they will communicate and champion priorities set by the ATAC.
- Brian Lai (chair), Associate Professor, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Maggie Jesse (facilitator), Senior Director, Information Technology Services Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Dawn Anderson, Professor of Instruction, College of Law
- Kurt Anstreicher, Professor, Tippie College of Business
- Patrick Barlow, Assistant Professor, College of Medicine, OCRME
- Maggie Chorazy, Director, College of Public Health
- Monica Correia, Professor, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Kennith Culp, Professor, College of Nursing
- Ben Devane, Assistant Professor, College of Education
- Lily Garcia, Associate Dean, College of Dentistry
- Christine Getz, Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Colin Gordon, Professor, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Kathy Hall, Director, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Paul Hanley, Associate Professor, College of Engineering
- Darren Hoffmann, Assistant Professor, Carver College of Medicine
- Keri Hornbuckle, Professor, College of Engineering
- Brian Lai, Associate Professor of Political Science, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Kevin Moores, Clinical Associate Professor, College of Pharmacy
- Linda Walton, Associate University Librarian, University Libraries
- Anne Zalenski, Associate Dean, Division of Continuing Education
- Ex-Officio Members:
- Annette Beck, IT Director, Information Technology Services Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Chris Clark, IT Director, Information Technology Services Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Steve Fleagle, Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Jean Florman, Center for Teaching Director, Information Technology Services Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Jae-Eun Russell, Associate Director, Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology, Research & Assessment
- Tanya Uden-Holman, Associate Provost
Innovations in Teaching with Technology Awards
Looking for Innovations in Teaching with Technology Award information?