Sharing Perspectives and Realizing Knowledge (SPARK)
As of February 2022, documentation about the SPARK program has been updated to reflect the hybrid and remote working conditions that are now prevalent throughout OneIT.
SPARK is a joint program between OneIT and HCIS for professionals within the IT community to enhance experiential, or "on-the-job" learning and career mobility. SPARK opportunities may be in person or virtual. Experiential learning is one mechanism to help ensure the skills of our IT workforce meet current and future institutional needs, a specific strategy under the IT Workforce of the Future goal in the OneIT Strategic Plan, and aligned with UI Health Care’s ICARE core values.
SPARK benefits our campus
- Aligning employee development with organizational needs
- Leveraging existing skilled employees to address skills shortages
- Driving recruitment, retention, productivity, and engagement, and reducing turnover
- Identifying commonalities and opportunities for collaboration, building cohesion within the campus IT community
SPARK benefits our people
- Cultivating curiosity
- Experiencing stretch opportunities
- Exploring and opening up career interests and aspirations
- Generating ideas and innovation with new people in new settings
- Gaining a broader perspective to help them operate more effectively
If you have questions about SPARK, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org