Printing, Year in Review 2017
Project description developed
The OneIT Printing project kicked off in late 2017. It will focus on:
- Visibility of services and efficiency of printer purchase decision-making.
- Advertisement of print services to offer reports to departments on their printers.
- The reduction of effort required to support printers.
- A best-practice model for decommissioning printing devices (printers/multi-function devices) that contain hard disk drives or other data storage devices.
- Assistance for users when purchasing an appropriate printer for their needs.
Benefits to campus identified
The project will benefit campus by:
- Decreasing the total cost of printing on campus through standardization (where appropriate) of printing hardware and easier access to print accounting data.
- Providing online service guides to direct users through the printer selection and purchasing process of the recommended printers.
- Creating a decommissioning process to meet security concerns for devices that may have stored sensitive data.