We have established a OneIT@Iowa Steering Committee to make strategic decisions and coordinate the OneIT initiatives. The team includes IT leaders from distributed units and ITS:
Collegiate IT leaders:
- Jim Chaffee, IT Director, Tippie College of Business
- Chuck McBrearty, IT Director, College of Dentistry
- Tim Shie, IT Director, College of Public Health
Administrative unit IT leaders:
- Mike Kaplan, Senior IT Director, Information Management-Finance & Operations
- Brandon Mills, IT Director, University Housing
- Steve Sawyer, IT Director, Facilities Management
- Tim Evans, Senior IT Director, Enterprise Services and ITS Business & Administration
- Maggie Jesse, Senior IT Director, Office of Teaching, Learning, & Technology
- Mike Noel, Senior IT Director, Administrative Information Systems
- Ben Rogers, Senior IT Director, Research Services and Associate Director of Informatics
To succeed in implementing the OneIT@Iowa initiatives, we must coordinate the efforts of individual projects, track progress, collect metrics, and complete other project-management tasks. For large-scale projects, the best practice is to create a Program Office to assure consistent support across all sub-projects. Initially the Program Office will be supported by:
- Chris Clark, IT Director, ITS Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Lance Bolton, Senior IT Director, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Romy Bolton, IT Director, ITS Enterprise Services
All three have significant experience with a range of large and small projects, and will be able to assist individual project leaders and provide consistent management of the effort. These three will also be members of the Steering Committee.
I am grateful that all of the Steering Committee members accepted the challenge and confident they will be effective in these roles. The group held a kickoff meeting last week, and its first task will be to establish leaders for each project area. Project team leaders can then pull together the right people for their teams.
I will have some additional updates for you by the end of the week but wanted to get this information out to you as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact me with questions.
Thanks and best regards,
Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer