IT professionals from the University of Iowa, Iowa State University, and the University of Northern Iowa will gather Nov. 4 at the UNI campus to exchange information on technology initiatives and discuss opportunities for collaboration.
This is the third IT retreat held among the three schools; the first two were hosted at the UI and ISU. In Cedar Falls, teams will break into small group work sessions to focus on these areas:
- Data Centers/Servers
- Enterprise Systems and Application Portfolio and Business Intelligence
- End User Support (Help Desk, Device Support Strategy, Support Structure)
- IT Procurement (focus on storage equipment and services)
- HPC, Research Support, and Informatics
- Teaching and Learning Technologies
- Networking and Voice Services
Each group has an agenda; topics include reporting on progress of projects, system demos, strategy discussions, sharing roadmaps and plans/needs for major technology purchases.
The chief information officers from each institution continue to hold weekly conference calls, all part of the broader TIER initiative to enhance collaboration across the schools.