Over the course of the past several months the End User Support (EUS) project team has made good headway in the implementation of EUS sub-projects.
Much progress has been made with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) on the device management and service desk sub-projects. Four CLAS device management staff transitioned to ITS March 2. A new ITS workgroup, Enterprise Device Services, is tasked with providing improved tools for deploying operating systems and software applications and with improving the overall user experience.
For the desktop support sub-project, roles have been defined for the desktop support and specialized support functions. In parallel, several administrative units have been or are in the process of being brought under the ITS Help Desk and Extended Technical Support End User Support umbrellas. Currently the project team is working on implementing the OneIT EUS project in the following units:
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Division of Continuing Education
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- Office of the Vice President for Strategic Communication
- Office of the Vice President for Finance and Operations (Business Services, Facilities Management)
- University Libraries
- Division of Student Life (Iowa Memorial Union, Recreational Services)