IT Project Management Office, Year in Review 2017
IT PMO established
- The project established a formal Information Technology Project Management Office (PMO) with clearly defined standard processes, supporting the entire lifecycle for IT projects at the UI.
- The PMO moved to the CIO Office July 1, 2017, and has assumed responsibility for administering the OneIT application portfolio. The PMO is inventorying IT projects across campus with the aid and support of IT directors.
- The PMO is represented on the OneIT Operations Team and serves on several of the IT councils to aid in the roadmap process and in facilitating councils.
- A new PMO website features services offered, project-management documents, templates, practices, and terminology, and updates on projects with which the PMO is assisting.
- Project-management documents and templates have been updated and are available on the PMO website.
Governance and workflow process
The project team developed a project governance and workflow process for new IT projects on campus (in conjunction with the OneIT Governance Project).
TeamDynamix enhances visibility and tracking
- All 20 non-ITS departments were brought onto a time-tracking software solution (TeamDynamix), to facilitate visibility of IT projects across campus for IT leaders and administrators.
- The PMO provided training to 19 departments to utilize TeamDynamix.
The project was completed in August 2017.