IT Project Management Office, Year in Review 2016
Establishing an IT Project Management Office
- The project team identified project-management services needed by the IT community.
- An IT Project Management Office (IT PMO) is being established. It will offer IT project consulting and services on a for-hire basis, along with PM training and tools.
- The team worked with central HR to develop and receive approval for a new “project coordinator” job classification.
IT PMO Website Launched
- A new website was created at http://itpmo.uiowa.edu.
- The site features PM documents and templates, outlines, explanations of services offered, and updates on projects with which the group is assisting.
Improved Visibility of IT Projects
- Time tracking gives a clear picture of how work hours are utilized and the campus-wide IT spend. The data helps IT leaders make decisions on prioritization and resources.
- The team is now focused on getting remainder of IT staff and projects entered into Team Dynamix, and training more individuals to use it.