Identity Management, Year in Review 2016
Migrating Active Directory Forests
- Completion of migrations for Public Health and Dentistry active directory (AD) forests to the IOWA AD is near. This will:
- Decrease the number of domains on campus from six to four.
- Reduce colleges’ IT overhead and standardize user accounts with the rest of campus.
- Work has begun with the College of Engineering on migrating its three AD forests into the IOWA AD forest.
- The Engineering team is focusing on its CCAD domain this summer and will proceed to migrate the ENG and IIBI domains next summer.
- After the completion of this sub-project, central campus will be down to a single domain (not including UIHC).
Improved Reports for Office 365 Support
- New directory and authentication (DNA) tool reports were implemented for the Help Desk and Communication and Collaboration teams during the Office 365 migration.
- Now able to access relevant information on a single page instead of looking in four or more locations, the teams can provide support much more efficiently.