Growing Number of Users Supported
- A dozen units have or are in the process of implementing centralized Help Desk and End User Support services.
- College of Law
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Division of Continuing Education
- Division of Student Life
- Oakdale Campus
- Office of Strategic Communication
- Office of the President
- Office of the Provost
- University College
- University Libraries
- VP for Finance and Operations
- VP for Research
Support Roles Defined
- The project team defined roles for the desktop support and specialized support job functions.
Plans for Managing Apple Devices Developed
- Plans for a central Macintosh OS and iOS Device Management Service were outlined.
- The document describes in detail the tool sets to be used and process for determining patch updates, application releases, and other maintenance processes.
Enterprise Device Services Workgroup Formed
- Four College of Liberal Arts & Sciences device-management staff transitioned to ITS March 2, blending complementary skill sets to build a foundation for the new central service.
The central device-management team has two branches:
The Enterprise Client Management (ECM) team focuses on managing devices once in service to ensure that they are secure, up to date, and healthy.
A new workgroup called Enterprise Device Services (EDS) provides improved tools for deploying operating systems and software applications, and works to improve the overall user experience.