The UI introduced a new budget process in 2017. In this process, there are six Central Services Advisory Committees, including one for IT.
Their role is to establish an ongoing review of each business unit and to assess, prioritize, and submit proposals for operational cost savings or increases for consideration by a newly formed administrative Budget Review Board.
Central Services Advisory Committee for IT members
- Dan Clay (co-chair), Dean, College of Education
- Julie Zerwic (co-chair), Dean, College of Nursing
- Steve Fleagle (facilitator), Associate Vice President and CIO
- Lori Cranston, Budget Officer, College of Public Health
- Erin Herting Business Officer, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS)
- Ana Rodriguez-Rodriguez, (UI Faculty Senate representative), Associate Professor, Spanish & Portuguese
- Michael Hesseltine (UI Staff Council representative), Support Services Supervisor, UI Health Care
- Mara Smith (UI Student Government representative), Student
Facilitators and chairs of the seven OneIT councils participate in the committee's meetings as needed, when a proposal from their area is under consideration.